Our local initiatives
doValue Greece, strategically aims to create long-term, sustainable value and growth for all stakeholders: employees, customers, investors, and communities. The valuable and universal values of human life, respect, care, and responsibility are key components of its philosophy and form the core of its Corporate Social Responsibility Program. Creating value and giving back to society in practice, aiming for a more promising and sustainable future.
Under the umbrella of the #Life Values Program, the entire plan of Corporate Social Responsibility actions implemented by doValue Greece is integrated and focuses on three pillars:
With the #LifeValues Program, we support well-being, with special sensitivity to vulnerable groups, we innovate in the field of health, we care for saving precious energy, we stand by the needs of local communities.
In this context, doValue Greece has already completed important actions, such as
- Repair and completion of renovation of the Rovia Municipal Clinic in Evia, which was doubly affected by the summer fires, the autumn floods in 2021 and coverage of new medical equipment. Always remaining open for the needs of the residents.
- Financing the purchase and installation of solar panel systems in the historical structure of ELEPAP, in Pagrati, in order to support social initiatives and structures combined with the goal of sustainable development and the creation of a green footprint.
- Funding of the innovative pallative medicine program for cancer patients "Next to Woman" at Aretaio Hospital with the creation of a special #pamperingroom in the clinic. A program that is constantly evolving and whose support continues, aiming at providing a range of holistic support services. Also, supporting the operation of the hospital with the donation of innovative interventional equipment.
- For the second year, contributing to the work of the "Evolution of Life" Foundation, which aims to support and empower adolescents and young adults from closed child protection structures.
- Sponsoring, Stefanos Douskos, the first Greek Olympic Gold Medalist in Rowing in Tokyo in 2021, assisting his goal for the Paris Olympics in 2024.
- Standing by the side of those affected by the recent disastrous floods, helping to meet the needs that arise, as in Metamorfosi Karditsa, where essentials were provided for the 150 families in the village.
Taking the next step in #Life Values, doValue Greece turns its attention to the needs of the residents of the country's outlying islands by focusing on the shortcomings and weaknesses of local communities.
- The first "stop" was the outlying island of Anafi, where, in cooperation with The Aegean Team, it listened to the needs of students and the work of the island's educational community and offered valuable tools for all levels, which upgraded the quality of education and school life, actively helping their efforts at the beginning of the school year.
- The second "stop" was the island of Donousa, where through the sponsorship of the ExcellenSeas Academic Scholarship, doValue focused on the struggle of young people to achieve equal opportunities in learning. Standing by the dream for academic studies of Irene Prasinou for the next 4 years, one of the few female students, currently a student of the Faculty of Philosophy. Providing her with more tools for the new chapter of her life, so that she can achieve her goals.
The doValue Group on society and sustainability
The doValue Group considers social responsibility a fundamental issue for society and sustainability.
To this end, it continues to invest in the areas it is active in with doValue Group Corporate Social Responsibility actions:
Actions for society
Through select relationships and partnerships, the doValue Group:
- Is firmly committed to combating child poverty. Since 2016 it has been a partner of Save the Children. It exclusively supports the Spazio Mamme centre in the Torre Maura district of Rome.
- Promotes fund raising for scientific research on multiple sclerosis. This is why it is a partner of the AISM (Italian Multiple Sclerosis Association).
- Supports cancer research. This is why it is a partner of the AIRC (Italian Association for cancer research).
Since 2019, the doValue Group has been supporting the LifeGate PlasticLess® project for protecting the health of the oceans.
All doValue websites support the LifeGate Zero Impact Web® project contributing to the fight against global warming.
During the COVID-19 pandemic
During the COVID-19 pandemic crisis, the doValue Group supported the Italian National Institute for Infectious Diseases and the Lazzaro Spallanzani International Research Centre.
We strive to create a truly positive social footprint with a deep sense of responsibility.
The engagement of its Stakeholders and the desire to actively contribute to a more inclusive and sustainable future have guided the development of the Group’s first Sustainability Plan that integrates the ESG objectives into the business model.